Last week I was surrounded by 75 leaders for training: foremen, supervisors and owners. The group came from all over, some from the deep-south, others from the great white Canadian north. It was an eye-opening experience.
Turning B’s into A’s.
At this event, I personally learned something important in building a business, specifically that the proverbial B player (a good solid employee) can be quickly grown into A status by opening their eyes to:
- What other leaders are thinking and doing
- What the big picture looks like
- How to better “self manage” and “manage others”
- How to implement world-class standards, in service, professionalism, accountability, and management.
I was happily surprised at how hungry everyone was for knowledge, and how they applied what they learned. It was inspiring to see these leaders transform…
We are the same.
Key to everyone’s learning and growing was the recognition that deep down we are all the same. We are all human beings with personal challenges, wants and needs––even if we look and act differently on the outside. This captured everyone’s attention and made people more open to learning.
As an aside, I was very happy to see so many women in the audience.
In the future, I will offer more supervisor training. For now, you can increase the world-view of your team by sending or bringing them to my final two March workshops, next week in Ohio and Michigan. They will learn that they can succeed by helping your company succeed. And they will learn what that takes.
Jeffrey’s Breakthrough Idea. Open your employees’ eyes and give them new tools, and they will step up in ways that will surprise you and boost their confidence.
- Treat your emerging leaders as more than technicians, and they will respond accordingly.
- Invest in your people. Your future depends on it.
- Training should come from you, and also from outside your four walls.